From Ally to Accomplice® – The Community
Are you ready to move to action?
For the past few years, we have been working with individuals to help them gain the fundamental, foundational skills necessary to be an effective antiracist. In the next version of the Community, we are going to take it up a notch. What that means is simply: We want action!
People often say, "I am learning so much and I'm fired up, but I struggle to connect the learning with moving to action." Well, here is your opportunity. Join us!
Each month, this virtual community will focus on a specific area of antiracist organizing, education and action. Topics will include:
- Ending gun violence
- Reproductive justice
- Closing the wealth gap
- Housing rights
This opportunity is for people who have:
- A foundational understanding of systemic racism, bias, and injustice through programming such as The Homework Sessions or From Ally to Accomplice®
- Personal understanding of their own race analysis
- Commitment to authentic personal and professional antiracist development
* Speakers to be determined. Subject to change based on availability.
- Monthly "Wokeshops" focused on a key topic each month including a guest speaker
- Monthly Homework & Actions
- Group Coaching Session (1/month)
- Access to a private, online community for ongoing engagement
- Option 1: Pay $1,200 in Full
- Option 2: Pay 6 Monthly charges of $200
Does your employer offer a professional development budget? Ask about applying those dollars to join the community! Need help with the ask? Read our blog post for tips on how to use professional development budget for DEIA!
New to the work?
Welcome! We are so glad you are committed to starting your antiracist journey. We're currently finalizing an entry-level online course specifically for folks who are just starting their antiracist journey. This program will function as a pre-requisite to the Community and will give members the foundation they need to start moving to action.
“You can read and ingest as much content as you want on your own but having someone like Seena who combines education with EQ and creativity to be a guide and teacher gave me so many tools, resources and frameworks to apply to the way I think, behave, act and show up.”— From Ally to Accomplice® participant
When can I apply?
- Apply now! We are accepting applications for our July 2022 cohort.
How do I join?
- We are taking applications for participants to join From Ally to Accomplice — The Community in Action. This community is for folks that have already completed programming, either with The Woke Coach or through another DEIA organization. We are using an application process to ensure that The Community is the right fit for every member. We are encouraging everyone interested to submit an application. If we don't already know you, we'll schedule an intake call to discuss and learn more. If you are as excited about this opportunity as we are, we want to partner with you on your journey!
When does it start?
- Our next cohort begins July 2022. Applications are being accepted.
Why do I need to join The Community?
- The antiracism journey takes time, effort and accountability. What better way to continue your personal journey with a group of others on a similar path with a team of excellent coaches and facilitators! No one said this work would be easy, but doing it alongside others will create new bonds and help you continue to opt in. By committing to The Community, you will continue to become a more understanding, empathetic, action-oriented friend, family member, and colleague. From Ally to Accomplice — The Community will give you access to coaches and continued learning so you can go at your own pace. The space is for you to grow with fellow accomplices.
What do I get from The Community?
Your membership to The Community offers you a variety of resources and connections. Some of these resources are self-guided and you get to go at your own pace. Other parts of your journey will happen in real time with members of The Woke Coach’s team and our guests. As you embark on these engagements, you will have the opportunity to connect with other members to learn from a new perspective. Building these connections with others on the same journey as you.
The Community will begin with the listed offerings, but it will be flexible to the needs of the members. We will create space and opportunities to hear from you to meet your needs.
- Your membership to The Community offers you a variety of resources and connections. Some of these resources are self-guided and you get to go at your own pace. Other parts of your journey will happen in real time with members of The Woke Coach’s team and our guests. As you embark on these engagements, you will have the opportunity to connect with other members to learn from a new perspective. Building these connections with others on the same journey as you.
I finished my first program or session with The Woke Coach, is this program for me?
- From Ally to Accomplice — The Community will expand on your knowledge with a community ready to hold you accountable to your commitments and support you throughout your journey. The antiracism journey doesn’t take a day, week, month or even year. It is a continuous journey and it's crucial to have a support system and people who will hold you accountable as you continue to grow. From Ally to Accomplice — The Community will give you the resource to opt in daily. Whether it's big or small, it's about how you stay on the journey and keep moving forward.
Are scholarships available?
- Scholarships are not yet available for From Ally to Accomplice — The Community, but we anticipate that they might become available in the future.
The cost of the membership is out of my price range, can I get a subsidized rate?
- Because of the amount of time and effort put into creating and maintaining the community, we are not able to make adjustments to the investment. However, we are hopeful to offer scholarships at some point in the future. Sign up for our mailing list to be kept in the loop!
If I pay the monthly route, am I able to opt out at any point or are you locked in for the duration?
- We ask that folks join us for the entire duration to get all of the goodness that we will be offering. To that end, folks are unable to opt out of the program. We offer a payment plan to make it easier for folks to participate.